Last updated: October 25, 2021
Are you happy with your school district’s drug testing program for your school bus drivers?
There are few things that are more important than protecting the lives of our children and getting them back and forth to school safely every day. This critical task rests with our school bus drivers who are charged with doing just that. And, like everyone in your school district, they are busy implementing this important responsibility!
Drug and alcohol testing for school bus drivers is federally mandated by the Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) and is regulated by the Federal Motor Carriers Service Administration (FMCSA). Therefore, within your school district, each employee is entered into a random pool and has the opportunity to be selected on a quarterly basis. In 2021, the testing rate for FMCSA is 50% for drugs and 10% for alcohol. Each quarter, every person in the pool has the same likelihood of being randomly selected for a drug test and/or alcohol test.
Imagine a busy school bus driver coming in from their route and needing to head off to another job, or an appointment, then needing to return soon thereafter for another bus route. If your school bus drivers can be drug tested on site right after their route, the following advantages can be realized:
- Convenience and time saved with drug testing completed on site. USA Mobile Drug Testing will be at your facility – ready and waiting – for the drivers to return and can get each person tested in about 5 minutes.
- Saves time by not requiring the drivers to drive to a lab and sit and wait around sick people to get a drug test, possibly missing their next appointment and/or getting sick.
- Saves money by not paying the drivers extra time to go to drive to the lab and sit and wait to get a drug test.
- Keeps your organization D.O.T. compliant. USAMDT assists you in managing your compliance by ensuring that the selections are done properly, that you test enough drivers to meet your quota and that the testing is done correctly. USA Mobile Drug Testing of Northeast Ohio Collectors are highly trained and re-trained to D.O.T. standards. Drug testing is our only focus and our specialty. People at the labs come and go and are not trained to the same rigorous standards as those of us at USAMDT.
- Keeps your drivers happy! The bus drivers love this approach because of the time it saves them and the convenience it provides. That makes YOU happy if they are happy, too!
More about your school district working with USA Mobile Drug Testing of Northeast Ohio
We work with many school bus drivers in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area and look forward to the opportunity to help your school district, too. Here’s a testimonial about how our on site drug testing offers many advantages to school bus drivers:
Lastly, in addition to managing your D.O.T compliance and random drug testing program, USA Mobile Drug Testing is available and on call 24/7/365 in the event that you need us to come out to test for post-accident or reasonable suspicion D.O.T. testing. Give us a call at 440-653-5003 as soon as you know you will need testing and we will be on our way and there in roughly an hour or less. Again, this saves time, saves money AND the aggravation of finding a facility after-hours that may or may not be open and may or may not perform employment or D.O.T. testing. Bring in USAMDT – your compliance experts – and we will get the job done and make everyone’s’ lives easier and less stressful. For more information, please contact us here.