Screening applicants makes good business sense.
An organization needs qualified individuals to be successful, and applicant screening is the best way to ensure that prospective employees are truthful and well-suited to the job. It also gives your current employees the increased confidence that their work environment will continue to be good.
Screening applicants helps you avoid risks.
No one can tell you exactly how an applicant will perform in the future, but by performing a comprehensive background check you can take a big step toward heading off potential problems. Applicant screening represents a good-faith effort on your part to minimize the chances of hiring a troublesome or possibly dangerous employee, and helps shield you from claims of liability.
Screening applicants is cost-effective.
Applicant screening is becoming more important than ever, and now it’s more cost-effective than ever. Because we specialize in applicant screening and have developed highly effective and extraordinarily efficient tools, we deliver best-in-class services at a very affordable cost. In fact, we believe it would be impossible to perform background checks less expensively even if you did it yourself.
- Approximately 20% of applicants LIE about their experience. They don’t exaggerate, they just outright lie.
- Almost 25% of all resumés contain at least 1 major fabrication.
- Almost 30% of applicants overstate their responsibilities and qualifications.
- Approximately 10% lie about having a criminal record. Consider that the average length of prison time served for all crimes is approximately 7 years, including rape, robbery, theft, and murder.
- More than 10% of applicants misrepresent their reasons for leaving their past employers.
- Employee theft or embezzlement causes 30% of new business failures.
- Internal theft is 15 times more prevalent than external theft.
- 7% of rapes, 8% of robberies, and 16 percent of assaults occur at work.
USA Mobile Drug Testing provides applicant screening services that help you make decisions based on fact, not speculation. Background checks make sense.