10 Must-Read HR BlogsMay 19, 2015
Human resources professionals have a lot more on their plate today than what may have been the case 15 years ago. Fortunately, there are plenty of online resources available to HR professionals that offer both information and a support system, as well as a smattering of well-placed humor.
Here are 10 of the top-rated HR blogs found on the Internet today:
- The HR Capitalist was started by Kris Dunn, an HR professional who looks to modernize the field by moving away from old, outdated practices and implementing new ones based on available technologies and emerging trends in the workplace.
- Dunn was also the brainchild of the next blog featured here, Fistful of Talent. Dunn uses this blog as another platform for discussing advancements in the HR industry while also offering thoughts and suggestions on recruitment strategies and talent management.
- At HR Ringleader, HR Director, Strategist and co-founder of HREvolution and WomenOfHR.com Trisha McFarlane is considered among the Top 100 Influencers in her profession.
- Next up is True Faith HR, a blog run by award-winning Dr. Matthew Stollak, professor of the highly regarded HR program at St. Norbert College. Stollak brings the same combination of expertise, wit and humor to his writings that he presents to his students in the classroom setting.
- What started out as “Monster Thinking” is now two separate blogs, each focusing on important audiences. It’s The Official Monster Blog that targets the recruiting and human resource professional crowd. The blog features contributions from experts, leaders, and names among the Top 100 Influencers in HR—one of them being Monster.com’s own V.P of Client Adoption, Eric Winegardner. The Monster Blog is another valuable resource, tackling job and career advice, news and stories.
- At Omega HR Solutions you’ll find the writings of Mike Haberman, an HR consultant with 13 years of experience in the industry. He focuses on general HR-related topics and also offers specific insights on compliance and supervisory training.
- TLNT includes the works of several different writers and is the HR blog that is most often shared on social media. It is the go-to for all things HR because TLNT offers a range of information that appeals to those who are just starting out as well as more seasoned HR professionals.
- The HR Bartender comes from the mind of HR consultant Sharlyn Lauby. Lauby’s approach is friendly yet informative, and while you’ll see plenty of references to what she ate for breakfast, it is only rooted in the fact that she views good food as a sure-fire icebreaker.
- Check out The Cynical Girl. Laurie Ruettimann, a contributor to publications like The New York Times and Forbes, has an unusually funny view on HR topics. She is also co-founder of the first social network to serve HR professionals, HRM Today and is still blogging at her new site, LaurieRuettimann.com.
- Wrapping up the list is Steve Boese’s HR Technology. Boese has 15 years of experience in HR, and the nature of his blog is just what the name implies—it publicizes the latest information on HR technology, as well as insights on what lies ahead. He’s also quite funny, so you’ll be laughing as you learn!